To keep up my 3D abilities, I tackled modelling Umelia
for some practice.
I found a better way of handling the eyes this time - instead of them hovering in front of the face, they're stuck to the body model, leave openings, and the "eyeballs" are behind the face. This gives them a more dynamic look - AND I can move them with ease.
I also got better at shaping the head and hair.
The textures actually took me longer to get right than the model...
Overall, I'm glad I was able to keep her as true to her original design. I'll probably return to this model, fix it up, rig it, and giver her the umbrellance.
5-6 hours in Blender and Flash.
3 UV Maps, 1024x1024 each.